Friday, January 13, 2012 | By: brittkneesaur

Shiver


Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Reviewer: brittknee

   The wolf that lingers beyond the woods of her backyard, returns every year. Every winter, the wolf is the one thing Grace looks forward too. Seeing those yellow eyes staring back at her, without hesitation. She should be scared, considering so many years ago the wolves had pulled her from her swing and dragged her out into the forest. She has a unconditional love for the wolf regardless. Although Grace barely remembers it, the only thing she really remembers is those yellow eyes, watching her as the other wolves tore and ripped her. And then she remembers the wolf protecting her, not allowing the pack to do further damage. The last thing she remembers of that day are memories of being in her backyard again, with her mother screaming frantically.  


 Grace is practically an adult, taking care of herself while her parents are catching up with old friends, or at a late night art gallery. Grace wonders what it would be like, to be a wolf effortlessly running through the forest with a purpose. Instead of feeling as if there's something more to her life that she has yet to discover. Although Grace has no idea, she may just find out.

Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver just so happens to be one of the most thrilling, romantic ,and exhilarating novels in my life. I adored every moment of this book. The absolute magnitude of awesomeness that radiated from this book to my brain is indescribable. This novel had me reading for hours on end. I could not put it down, I needed to know what was going to happen right then and there.

The amount of detail about the wolves was extraordinary, I loved how Maggie Stievfvater described the elegance and ferociousness they could have. I don't think I will read another werewolf love story that will compare to the magnitude of awesome Shiver had! Recommend to the werewolf romance, lovers out there! This book will get you shivering for more!

5/5 howls!



My Linger review can be found here!
Want to win a signed hardcover copy of the third book Forever, in the Shiver series? Go here!

3 comments:

Summer Lane said...

I read Shiver a year or longer ago, I think, and I thought it was the best of the entire series.
I nominated you for a Versatile Blogging Award here: http://writingbelle.blogspot.com/ It's a way to promote your blog, too. Check it out!

Stepping Out of the Page said...

This is such a great review! Although I wasn't so enamoured with this series, I love to read reviews with other peoples opinions. I've just stumbled across this blog, by the way, and I love it! Keep up the great work (:

Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
Remember to drop by my International Giveaway!

The Teen Book Guru said...

Great review!! LOVE Shiver!!! I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say hi :)

Feel free to check out my blog & follow too!!

-Riya (The Teen Book Guru)

Post a Comment