Monday, June 6, 2011 | By: Megzarooni

Covers to Gush Over (5)

For this week’s CTGO the Literature Monsters share five of their favourite covers featuring some of the best YA hunks!
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Becca just recently revealed the cover to her third novel in the Hush, Hush series, Silence, and I for one think the cover is gorgeous. Not only is the cover in black and white, which I love, but it also features both Patch and Nora. I really like the crashing wave detail; makes the cover look poetic. Anyway, onto the reason why I chose this cover. Short and simple: Patch is extremely hot, this week is about hunks and who doesn’t love the idea a sexy shirtless fallen archangel coming to their rescue?


The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

I can't stop looking at this (recently revealed) cover! I love the ice textures that are in the background and the mix of blue and purple swirls. It gives the cover a certain 'feel' and adds a whole new dimension to Ash; the character seen on the cover. I simply adore the font and colors of the title--it was a clever way to tie all the colors seen on the cover together. Finally, the subject of this week’s topic on CTGO is definitely prominent on this cover. The sexy dark hair, bright blue eye and that jawline make me want to stare at this cover for an extensive amount of time. The paleness of his skin is offset with the dark clothing; a amazing way to make his face stand out and instantly catch (my) any female’s attention.


The Tear Collector Patrick Jones


I adore the simplicity of Patrick’s cover. Having a face shot take up most of the page is a rather interesting idea. Although I’m a sucker for blue eyed blonds; I find the model on this cover rather attractive. His dark eyes are mysterious and his lose curls are adorable. Although we don’t see his whole face, or body for that matter, it leaves the mind to wonder what the rest of him looks like. If half his face is this attractive image everything else. Lastly, the tear present on the model’s face is a nice way to represent the title and story line, but it also made me think about how much more desirable a man who isn’t afraid to show emotions is.


Intertwined by Gena Showalter


Intertwined has a particularly hunky hunk on the cover. Hot ripped boys always seem to attract a girl’s attention. Not only will the hot guy on the cover most likely grab your attention, but the purple-ish blue colour on the guy and background of the book also draws you in as well. How often do you see an attractive guy wear that colour? Not very often. And the bright yet dark colours grab your attention and causes curiosity. The font of the title is very unique as well. I think it represents the title’s meaning and shows that it's different and mysterious. Not only is Intertwined one of my favourite books of all time, the cover is also one of my favourites as well!


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


We couldn’t dedicate this week’s CTGO to hunks and not have Cassandra’s cover of City Of Bones featured in it. Not only is the cover beautifully designed with a city scrape, tombstones, and vibrant mix of greens and yellows, but it also features a very sexy blond. My favourite. When I first laid eyes on Cassandra’s book, at age 16, I had no idea what the story was about. I walked into my local Chapters looking for a book and thought “Ouuu a sexy guy with no shirt on; I’m picking this one!” Glad my teenage hormones are good for something. The model is drop dead gorgeous which makes this hunky cover absolutely gush worthy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment